Tuesday 9 February 2010

Happy Christmas. Happy New Year.

I've been missing in action (again. I know - shocker, isn't it?).

But I have good reason this time. A lot of my time has been taken up with a new development :-)

You may know that I'm currently studying for a degree in Geo-science, as a route into primary teaching. Teaching is, for me, a second choice career which will at least give me a proper career rather than a series of short term jobs that I previouly took in my charity based roles. Most charities only receive funding for set terms eg one year, so my jobs were usually pretty short term.

My dream for years was to have a pub. A proper, family orientated, big garden, real food pub. Hubby and I both did our personal licences to qualify us to run a pub three years ago, but decided at the time that the way the economy was going it would be risking too much to sell our house and buy a pub.

Well.......

We've found the most amazing pub on the market and it's literally only a five minute drive away from home. It's got a big garden (hell.....it's a FIELD!!), big catering kitchen, two bars, a wonderful layout inside, big car park and it's in a fantastic area. It's closed at the minute, but we've had meetings with the Regional Business Manager and we've all agreed that we're going for it !!!!!!!!!!


The idea is that initially I will move in, hubby will stay in the house and the girls will split their time. That way if it doesn't work out we still have the house. If it does work out - and we've said that we will make that decision after a few months - then we will all move in and rent out our house so that the mortgage is covered and we still have an investment.

I won't actually believe it until we've signed everything. But I can allow myself now to plan for the pub that I thought for so long I'd never have. I really can't tell you how happy it makes me, although being Cautious Clare, I'm still doing my studying until we actually sign, just in case it doesn't happen.

Please keep your fingers crossed for us. This is a dream that we all share - Dave and the kids are as excited as me!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment