Friday 19 June 2009

I finally made the bag !!!




I found a pattern for a japanese knot bag on the website www.showyourworkings.wordpress.com which I've been really keen to try making. I bought a lovely fat quarter a few weeks ago, a cartoon strip design based on office workers in those pods that you get in call centres, but I just hadn't had the time!

I used some plain black cotton to line the bag and I have to say I'm really, really proud of it !! It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me. It's ideal for when I go shopping as I can have it on my arm and not have to worry about my bag being pinched from the trolley. It's perfect for my purse, phone and keys and would actually hold more if needed.

The design is great - the short 'arm' slips over the long 'arm' effectively fastening the bag so that no-one can get their hand in to pilfer. Then the long arm slips over your wrist so that you still have your hands free. Isn't that amazing ?




I forced myself to go shopping at the supermarket last night just to prove how wonderful it was. I strutted my stuff around Sainsbury's and lost count of the number of times I said to Mickey.....'look at my bag !!!!'.

xxxx

1 comment:

  1. And indeed, I’m just always astounded concerning the remarkable things served by you. Some 4 facts on this page are undeniably the most effective I’ve had.

    ----------------
    Dog and puppy training Singapore

    ReplyDelete